The School Board was inaugurated in 2015 as the school has now attained Independent Public School status.
The school board consists of school representatives and community representatives. The functions of the board are as provided in Section 128 of the School Education Act and include:
- A focus on improving learning outcomes for all students.
- A shared vision and a plan reflecting the broad values of the school community.
- Active involvement in endorsing the School’s Delivery and Performance Agreement, Budget, Business Plan and Annual Report.
- Monitoring progress towards the achievement of goals.
- Promoting meaningful parent and community participation and actively seeking the views of its school community.
- Deciding on issues related to charges and contributions.
- An advocacy role to enhance the operations of the school.
School Board and P&C Committee Members
- Annette Ward – Parent
- Bev Maloney – Community
- Blanche Hendricks – Parent
- Chris Tallentire – Community
- Colin House – Teacher
- Craig Ellis – Community
- Diane Peggs – School Support Staff
- Donna McDonald – Principal
- Gary Roberts – Manager Student Services/Acting DP
- Glenn Henly – Deputy Principal
- Julie Coe-Rutely – Parent
- Lorraine de Lafontaine – Parent
- Maria Jardine – Manager Corporate Services
- Shelia Greenaway – Parent