The Student Services Team work closely together to assist every Thornlie Senior High School student to achieve their best at our school and to guide them smoothly into their life beyond secondary schooling. The team works collaboratively to provide advice and services that foster the intellectual, emotional and social development of our students in an inclusive, safe and healthy environment.
The services we provide for our students include:
- Pastoral care and mentoring
- Academic, behaviour and attendance monitoring and management
- Individual Education Plans
- Facilitation of communication between parents, students and staff at our school
- Academic support, assessment and monitoring
- Course and career advice where relevant
- Psychological assessment and counselling
- Health and wellbeing advice
- Referrals to other agencies/health professionals
- Orientation and transition to high school
- Organisation of student social activities
- Difficulties in relating to other students, teachers and parents;
- Educational testing of students experiencing difficulty with their school work;
- Assisting parents to handle parent-child conflict situations through individual interviews or parent education groups.
The Student Services staff are all professional practitioners qualified in addressing education, health care, behavioural and/or psychological issues.
Head of Student Services