NEXT P&C GENERAL MEETING DATE : Monday 1st May in staffroom at 6pm-7pm
WHO CAN JOIN ? Parents and Guardians of students in Years 7 to 12, as well as community Citizens wanting to help students reach their goals and succeed.
WHAT DO P&C MEMBERS DO?
* Bring issues and questions from the school community to raise them with the Principal (who attends meetings) and discuss them with committee members to find solutions that we can support. In 2023 we wish to focus on Road Safety issues occurring on Ovens Road to make it safer for our students getting to school and home again. We’ve proposed forming a subcommittee to meet with politicians, local Government, local residents and neighbouring school members. Please join us if you would like to share your views.
* Provide a parent point of view to assist our school with their operations & communication.
* Decide on how to spend the “P&C contribution money” that families donate through the school fees during the year. In recent years our members decided to finance the TSHS Arts & Technologies Exhibition, Year 12 General Dux Award, purchase two mascots (lion & turtle) for the Positive Behaviour Support program, the SchoolTV project ( parent/teen advice linked to the TSHS website), outdoor seating in Yr 7 area & two 3D printers for the STEM program.
* A $500 community grant was obtained to purchase cooking equipment & utensils for the Breakfast Club running on Monday, Wednesday & Friday before school and the staff would appreciate having extra helpers to serve the students & do dishes.Spare cutlery & tea towel donations to the front office are also welcomed.
* A $9500 Federal Government grant (Planting Trees for The Queen’s Jubilee program) was obtained to plant native trees on our school grounds with students. Approx 20 trees will be planted this winter so if you enjoy gardening and wish to volunteer for several hours on a weekday or weekend please contact us.
WHEN DO WE MEET? Once or twice a term on Monday evenings 6pm – 7pm. You are not expected to attend every meeting and if you wish to get more involved with other activities that interest you, the school welcomes your support. Meetings are advertised through the Daily Notices emails & the school’s front digital sign.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information, we’d love to meet you. Being a P&C committee member can also be another personal interest to add to your work resume.
ADD OUR CASH FOR CONTAINERS NUMBER TO YOUR MOBILE PHONE WALLET
Search Containersforchange.com.au and choose WA then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click “Support a Cause.” Type “Thornlie Senior High School” in the Search bar. The P&C member number C10332659 will appear and you can add it to your mobile wallet. Next time you take your family or work friends cans/bottles you may like to donate a bag of them to our P&C which we use to buy food for the TSHS Breakfast Club.